National seminar in Spain
Organizer: Polibienestar Institute
Date: 21 June 2018
Location: Instituto Polibienestar, Universidad de Valencia, C/Serpis nº29, Valencia
The aim of the National Seminar was to share the experience of designing and delivering a KHub for preparing health professionals and volunteers dealing with migrants and refugees; to share the learning and networking activities that can be undertaken on the KHub;to raise awareness about the advantages and challenges of using the KHub to provide emotional and psychological support for migrants and refugees; to provide a hands-on experience of using the KHub 's training guide;to gain the participants' views and suggestions regarding the sustainability of our project results.
Participants: nurses, mental health practitioners, social workers, researchers, students and managers.
The topics of the seminars included:
- Presentation of the Erasmus + IENE6 project
- Presentation of the IENE6 project website
- Introducing the Khub tool
- Khub tool workshop
- Round table"Possibilities of Khub usein different contexts of the CV "
- Short term impact on the participants:
- Increased awareness, sensitivity and knowledge about refugees’ issues
- Increased knowledge about the refugees’ and migrants’ health needs
- Increased knowledge about providing emotional support to for refugees and migrants
- New opportunities to share and exchange, as well as the creation of alliances for future collaborations and networking on the KHub
Long term impact of the project outputs (KHub)
- Reinforcing vocational education and training through innovative practices
- Increasing quality of education and training, health workforce development and training
- Reinforcing education and support for disadvantaged people
- Addressing main challenges to respond to sudden, large-scale arrivals of migrants
- Promoting active participation and European democratic values