National seminar in Romania
Organizer: Edunet Organization
Place: Craiova, Romania, Hotel Plaza
Date: 11th of June 2018, 17.00-19.00
The aims of the seminars were:
- to share our experience of designing and delivering a KHub for preparing health professionals and volunteers dealing with migrants and refugees;
- to share the learning and networking activities that can be undertaken on he KHub;
- to raise awareness about the advantages and challenges of using the KHub to provide emotional and psychological support for migrants and refugees;
- to provide a hands-on experience of using the KHub 's training guide;
- to gain the participants' views and suggestions regarding the sustainability of our project results.
The seminar was delivered to 33 people: 7 Nurses, healthcare practitioners , 2 Volunteers dealing with migrants and refugees, 16 Managers and Trainers of training provider organization, 4 Managers and staff of organization dealing with migrants and refugees, 2 Decision-makers, governance representative. Agenda
The topics of the seminars included:
- Presentation of the project activities and outputs, about including online training model;
- Presentation of the Khub and a workshop on how to use it;
- Discussion to exchange ideas on ways to use the project results;
- Collect feedback for measuring the potential impact of the project’s outputs by administrating evaluation questionnaires to the participants.
Short term impact on the participants:
- Increased awareness, sensitivity and knowledge about refugees’ issues
- Increased knowledge about the refugees’ and migrants’ health needs
- Increased knowledge about providing emotional support to for refugees and migrants
- New opportunities to share and exchange, as well as the creation of alliances for future collaborations and networking on the KHub
Long term impact of the project outputs (KHub)
- Reinforcing vocational education and training through innovative practices
- Increasing quality of education and training, health workforce development and training
- Reinforcing education and support for disadvantaged people
- Addressing main challenges to respond to sudden, large-scale arrivals of migrants
- Promoting active participation and European democratic values
- Agenda of the seminar
- Presentation of the results of the ERASMUS + Project "IENE6" and the KHUB Platform www.ienerefugeehub.eu - Prof. Victor Dudau, EDUNET Association.
- First psychological help for patients who have suffered emotional trauma - Mihaela Filip, Psychologist.
- Comprehensive medical care for all patients, regardless of their social status, skin color, religion or ethnicity - ethics and professionalism for the nurse - Viorel Gavrilescu, president of OAMGMAMR Dolj.
- Info packs for participants
- Report on the seminar